List of Agency Interests and Resources
A Federal Agency has many interests and resources that are common in all contracts.
- Ensure timely performance of a contract because [____fill in the blank ____];
- Save taxpayer money;
- Obligate appropriated funds before they expire;
- Comply with Agency policy and regulations;
- Create a defensible file to withstand public scrutiny;
- Further the mission of the Agency;
- Ensure public confidence in the Agency;
- Contractual authority (e.g., right to terminate for convenience, order changes, issue stop work orders, etc.);
- Statutory and Regulatory authority (e.g., authority to issue sole-source awards in certain circumstances, authority to settle, etc.);
- Alternative sources of supplies or services;
- Audit capabilities;
- Contractor’s payment and performance bonds;
- Skilled employees (tradesmen, engineers, attorneys, contracting specialists, etc.);
Each contract or project also may present unique interests and resources to add to these standard items.